Tuesday 31 October 2017

Pronunciation exercises for EAL students - no. 7

This blog is about word-final /k/ and /g/ and pre-fortis clipping.
  1. I was glad to see the back of him.
  2. A brig is a ship with two masts.
  3. The duck on the river started quacking.
  4. I can see you through a crack in the door.
  5. D’you see the brick over there?
  6. She dug around in her bag for some coins.
  7. You don’t have to dig very deep to find out his name is Dick.
  8. What a massive crag this is.
  9. Brazil is in a different league.
  10. Many people lack adequate arrangements.
  11. Does Britain still lag behind the rest of Europe?
  12. It’s the best pig.
  13. The explosion was caused by a gas leak.
  14. Have a look at the menu and take your pick.
  15. The wig has to be trimmed.
  16. I have a snack in the basket.
  17. You’ve got to wear a name tag in our company.
  18. Can you pass me a tack, I want to fasten my name tag to the board.
  19. Can you see anything in my bag?
  20. The wick has to be trimmed.
  21. The snag is that the job is not very well paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment